Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Wandering Trio

MGDub, Wheezy and I met up on Sunday for our shopping adventure to the new Levenger store at the Prudential. Before we reached our intended destination, we stopped by Kitty World (Hello Kitty store), EMS, the Hello Kitty Kiosk at the Prudential and The Walking Store, where MGDub picked up a pair of "bumper shoes" similar to mine. Much to my chagrin, Adam likens my "bumper shoes" to corrective "orthopedic shoes." I quite enjoy my sporty sandals with a rubber bumper toe guard and now that MGDub owns a pair, I feel vindicated.

Alas, I digress. Our cheery trio finally made our way to the Levenger store where we disrupted the neatly organized displays of goods and disturbed other shoppers with our enthusiastic bursts of chatter: "look at this," "how cool is that and how utterly unnecessary," and "how much?"

In need of sustenance, we hit the Krispy Kreme on our way out. We were intrigued by the glazed chocolate cake doughnut so I ordered a lemon filled and a chocolate cake "for the table." I mentioned to MGDub in passing we could share my extra doughnut. I doubled back after I paid only to hear MGDub and Wheezy each ordering a jelly doughnut and a chocolate cake.

plasticann: I got the chocolate cake to share, I guess you didn't hear me say that.
MGDub: No I heard. I was going to share your doughnut, but then I heard Wheezy ordering her own chocolate cake so I decided I wanted my own chocolate cake.

This was followed by a classic amusing Wheezy and MGDub exchange where they discover new things they have in common.

MGDub: You played soccer? I played soccer.
Wheezy: What position did you play?
MGDub: blah blah blah!
Wheezy: Me too.
MGDub: Nohhh Suhhh!

No comments: