Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Eccentricities

Every so often I get random pieces of mail from plasticmom, sometimes without an explanation as to its relevancy. Once, it was a wrapper for frozen scallion pancakes. The explanation...you should try this brand of frozen scallion pancakes...they're quite tasty. plasticmom does helpfully highlight certain articles when sending clippings, but sometimes it's just an ad with no context. This morning, I received some unsolicited mail from plasticmom. The contents, a flier detailing the comprehensive Kindergarten Curriculum now offered at my pre-K and K alma mater...Happy Day School. When asked why she sent me the flier, plasticmom e-mailed this response, "you should upgrade yourself, otherwise you won't be able to compete with young Happy Day kindergarteners." She's right, back in my day, we didn't have Math, Computer, Science and Foreign Language. We did print the alphabet everyday, read little books, played with rusty nails and colored a lot. Heck, I didn't even tackle learning how to tell time until I was at least in first grade.

No comments: