Thursday, July 14, 2005

Gourmet Greatness

I started my internship this week at the Phantom Gourmet where I'll be rewarded with an enriching experience and with food. Steve hooked me up with this internship through his vast network of camp connections and his friend "Zan," one of the guys who run the operation. I also knew Steve had [un]helpfully passed along my blog to Zan, but I chose to ignore that tidbit of information. Turns out Zan did read my blog because he asked me if I was going to blog about today's taping. Unfortunately, that's a loaded question since Zan swore the entire set to secrecy about today's episode so no, I will not blog about it...my lips are sealed. On another related note, I made dinner tonight and in honor of my newest endeavor, I asked Adam to create a plasticann scorecard for our meal. We fudged with the categories and took the liberty of introducing "bonus points" to the accounting.

The Menu
Homemade Bagel Chips topped with Jarlsberg Cheese
Tomato, Basil, Avocado & Mozerella Salad with a Balsamic Vinagerette
Artichoke Mashed Potatoes
Cookie/Rice Krispie Dolci

Atmosphere: 6 [stacked empty boxes and scattered kitchen items detracted from hominess]
Menu: 8 [menu was preset by plasticann, no need to make choices]
Appetizers: 4 [bagel chips were badly charred and "tough"]
Entrees: 8 ["Fresh and Tasty" and the lime water was refreshing]
Dessert: 8 [pillaged by plasticann from Phantom Gourmet]
Portions: 7 [Adam ate plasticann's leftovers]
Service: 6 [dinner was promptly served, but Adam had to do his own dishes]
Cleanliness: 6 [Adam noticed pepper on the table, but plasticann insisted that the table had been "wiped down"]
Value: 8 ["gratuity and tax paid in kind"]
Location: 10 [Home Sweet Home]
Subtotal: 71
Presentation: 10 [Adam says, "Bonus Points"]
Grand Total: 81 [Gourmet Greatness...Zakun style]

No comments: