Monday, June 12, 2006

Watermelon Feta Salad

We've been here for a week and we've eaten a lot here in Seattle. One thing for sure is I haven't been blogging so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things with our latest dinner. I was intrigued by this watermelon feta salad recipe I saw in a magazine so we tried it out tonight, Just combine seedless watermelon chunks with crumbled feta cheese, you don't need a lot. Season with freshly ground pepper and kosher salt. It's pretty refreshing and I think it'll become a summertime staple.

1 comment:

kateisfun said...

Hey, I saw this recipe too, and I made it. I made it on the run and didn't do it quite as I would have liked, so learn from my mistakes! First, I would use a stronger, crumbly feta... For those in the Boston area, and, more specifically the Davis Square area, McKinnons on Elm has GREAT feta. I originally used a very bland, creamy feta which was blah. Also, in my haste I used ground black pepper, which yielded almost no flavor. Definitely go with the fresh ground! Enjoy.