Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Did you go to...?

The following is a reconstructed conversation at the supermarket this afternoon. Note, I was wearing my college shirt.

Checkout Lady: Did you go to Brown?
plasticann: [surprised because she forgot she was wearing the shirt] Yes!
Checkout Lady: I went there too...
plasticann: oh, you did!
Checkout Lady: ...and now I'm a cashier.
plasticann: [pause] Did you like it at Brown?
Checkout Lady: [pause] Well I liked my major.
plasticann: What did you major in?
Checkout Lady: Studio Arts.
plasticann: That's cool, what kind of art do you do now?
Checkout Lady: Last few years, mostly charcoal.

So, if my job doesn't work out, maybe I can work my alumni connections over at the Star Market and get a job there. If I had a choice, I'd rather work at this particular market versus the one over at Porter Square. It's always quiet and never too busy.

No comments: