Thursday, May 17, 2007


Picardie No More

We have these awesome Duralex Picardie drinking glasses that we absolutely love. Adam likes how the big ones hold a lot of water and we both like how they're kinda old school. In fact, Adam's parents and his sister may have the exact same glasses in their homes as well. They're tempered glass, have a flared shape and are really durable. We got ours at Williams-Sonoma, but unfortunately, the manufacturer has discontinued the original Picardie glass replacing it with a new version that stacks. I don't understand why Duralex discontinued the glasses, afterall, it's caused quite the uproar in my life and in the lives of a couple of other people who've complained about the situation online.

The new ones are OK, but they just don't compare to the originals. I couldn't find them anywhere so I was super excited to see them at Crate & Barrel a few months ago. I stopped by Crate & Barrel this afternoon and saw that the glasses were on sale. While I was initially excited by the discount, I also surmised from the sale sign that Crate & Barrel was most likely discontinuing the glasses. I'm sad to report that they are in fact discontinued. They still have 5000 glasses in stock in New England, but they'll eventually run out. Since Adam doesn't appreciate how I like to stock up on things, I won't disclose exactly how many glasses I bought today. Let's just say, it was enough that my bag was cumbersome, but not enough that I took a cab home. Now that we have a giant basement, I'm thinking about going back for some more and somehow sneaking them by Adam and squirreling them away at our new place. The only problem is, now that I've blogged he'll be on to my little plan. Don't worry, I won't buy 5000 glasses...my basement isn't that big.

No comments: