Saturday, December 06, 2008

"Four Sock Monkeys Snuggling"
8. My current obsession and Zames' too...Sock Monkey

Over the summer I got obsessed with these awesome sock monkeys I saw at a few local craft fairs. I first saw them at the Davis Square ArtBeat this summer so I decided to get all the kids sock monkeys for X-mas this year. After I bought them Zess, Zames and Zhor in August, I really wanted one of my own so I bought myself a very cool purple striped sock monkey in September. Over Thanksgiving, I made the mistake of bringing my sock monkey with me to CA. One day, Zames discovered the sock monkey when he went into our room potentially ruining his surprise X-mas gift. The following is several reconstructed conversations that occurred over the course of three days:


Day 1:

Zames: [Sitting on our bed and shaking my sock monkey] What's this?

plasticann: It's my sock monkey, it's made out of socks.

Zames: [tugging at the ears] Why does it have ears?

plasticann: Because it's a monkey and monkeys have ears.


Day 2:

Scene: Early in the morning, plasticann is still in bed when she hears...

Zames: Sock monkey, sock monkey, sock monkey in there, sock monkey in there.


Day 3: plasticann hides sock monkey each morning to thwart Zames

Zames: Where's sock monkey?

plasticann: [no reply]


The kid is very persistent and has a good memory. I was hoping he'd forget, but each day he asked about the sock monkey just once. I sure hope he likes his X-mas gift this year because guess what...it's gonna be a sock monkey. Fortunately he doesn' read my blog.

No comments: