Monday, December 01, 2008


7. plasticmom's favorite most perfect bowl

plasticmom LOVES her Emile Henry gratinee bowl. She bought her first one while visiting me in Seattle at the Sur la Table in Pike's Place two years ago. I remember she was all excited about this bowl she'd seen in the window and really wanted to get it, but it was "$3" and she didn't really "need" anymore bowls. After much debate and discussion, she returned the next day to claim her bowl. The bowl rang up at $13, turns out she missed the extra "1" in the price tag when she first peered through the window, must have been the glare. Nonetheless, she went for the bowl and has since purchased a second bowl.

She tells me the bowls are so perfectly functional, they're the only bowls she uses. She loves the little nubbin handles and she uses them for her soups, her noodles and even her coffee/tea. I have my doubts about the coffee/tea, but I appreciate her enthusiasm. I wanted in on these bowls so so I purchased some last week on my Sur la Table shopping spree. I got two yellow ones for home and a red one for work. Yesterday, we tried out the new bowls in the microwave and we were delighted to discover for ourselves how wonderful the little nubbin handles are, they don't get hot in the microwave and I can actually carry the hot bowl without potholders. Amazing! I think I might be in love with these bowls myself.

No comments: