Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Swedish Princess Cake

Not to be confused with Disney Princess character cakes, the Swedish Princess Cake is a deliciously confection for adults and kids alike. It's sponge cake layered with custard, whipped cream and raspberry jam and completely wrapped in a layer of marzipan. What could possibly be better. I bought my first slice at The Cakery in Burlingame for a snack last week and became obsessed with eating more Swedish Princess Cake before I left so I bought a whole six inch cake from the Copenhagen Bakery also in Burlingame just for the heck of it and enjoyed two more nights of dessert. I must confess, I was reluctant to share my cake with the broader family on night two and was kicking myself for not buying a ten inch cake when Adam's dad offered Zess some Princess Cake for dessert. I know I'm a sugar fiend and can be a terrible aunt. In the end, I selfishly enjoyed a second night of cake since Zess promptly forgot all about Princess Cake which was surprising since she loves Princesses and Cake.

No comments: