Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"Distressed Rustic" [Free] Chairs

I stopped by Harvest Market in Central last night to pick up some old school CutRite Wax Paper Sandwich Bags when I noticed a sign that read, "Free Chairs & Tables Ask the Manager on Duty." There were stacks of small tables with heavy metal legs, schoolhouse style straight back chairs and these black wooden dining chairs with a curved back. I was incredulous, but the manager confirmed that the furniture was actually free and I could take whatever I wanted. They had just replaced all their chairs and tables in the cafe area and they were trashing the old stuff. Adam and I secured a ride with my roommate Carin, who has a station wagon, and headed back to Harvest to claim our seven black dining chairs. They're a bit dusty and some are a little rickety. Hopefully, they'll work out once we clean them up and tighten some screws. I tried to describe the paint job on our chairs as a "distressed rustic look," but Adam says my assessment is too generous.

No comments: