Thursday, May 12, 2005

Last Day

Well, after five years, tomorrow is my last day here at ZEI--Zexecon--ZMA. My coworkers surprised me with Thai and sorbet for lunch and they even got me a parting gift, a Kate Spade crystal bowl and some Godiva chocolates for my bowl. The bowl is very lovely, quite heavy and truly unexpected, but I seriously doubt the chocolates will actually make it into the bowl. Rachel suggested green apples and I'm feel compelled to buy a bag even though I'm not a fan of green apples. Finally, a classic Steve move, he signed my card, "Happy Birthday." I'm going to cut out his greeting and save it for October when my real birthday rolls around. I spent most of yesterday cleaning out my office. Chalk it up to having been privileged enough to have had my own office, but I had an obscene amount of personal stuff. Steve graciously helped me haul six plus boxes home from work, including a long forgotten sleeping bag. Everyone asked, "why do you have a sleeping bag at work?" I really don't have a good answer. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but then again I was probably sleep deprived.

No comments: