Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Unemployed Woman Attacked by Pestilent Styrofoam Packing Peanuts

On my first day of de facto unemployment, I spent two hours unpacking dishes from our Macy's registry. Styrofoam packing peanuts are the bane of my bridal existance and frankly, I find them enraging. What I despise more than packing peanuts are the lower quality packing peanuts Macy's uses, the ones that chip and splinter into infinately smaller styrofoam pieces. Possessing a strong will and empowered by static cling, these peanuts not only squirrel their way into all crevices, but they refuse to budge from any surface. Unable to efficiently contain the styrofoam peanut hades my living room had become, I had to methodically pick up each styrofoam chip from 2mm in size on up and forcefully fling it into my trash bag. I also had to periodically de-static my hands using a dusting cloth so the chips would not cling to my person. I'm thinking about writing a "Dear Macy's" missive detailing all my issues with their styrofoam packing peanuts. Other than that...love the dishes!

No comments: