Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hairspray & Soft Serve

Wheezy, Adam and I went and saw Hairspray last night which was super fun. I'd read a bunch of good reviews and MGDub had given her nine thumbs up to boot. The movie was lighthearted, really likable and made me want to dance to period music on the way out. In fact, I spotted two middle aged women light on their feet boogieing out of the theater. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince Wheezy to break out in dance, but Adam did humor me with a little dancing on the way home on Mass Ave last night.

I've also been really into the soft serve vanilla ice cream lately so we stopped by McDonald's for some soft serve. Unfortunately, the soft serve at Mickey D's is just not very good. That's not to say I won't eat it, but I discovered recently that not all McDonald's soft serve is created alike. So much for standardization. I was jonesing for some soft serve in Japan so I bought a cone from McDonald's there. The soft serve is really delicious in Japan: more creamy and much more vanilla-ey. Even Adam agreed it was superior to what we have here in the States.

While it is a bummer not having access to yummy cheap soft serve, there are a couple of places in Boston that I enjoy. I like the Mr. Frosty truck near the Boston Public Garden (corner of Arlington and Boylston) because it's tasty and they have a mural of Make Way for Ducklings painted on their truck. I'm not a big fan of the high prices. I also love the vanilla frozen custard at Chilly Cow in Arlington. It's so delicious, it's not technically even soft serve, it's frozen custard.

No comments: