Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hippie Points

My friend Zlyssa was telling us the other day that Adam and I could claim "hippie points" for not having an air conditioner. Of course, part of the reason is I'm not big on air conditioning since I get cold easily and we're too lazy to install the window units that are in our basement. According to Zlyssa, sheer laziness does not void our "hippie points" We can also claim double points for not owning a car even though it's because we're a too lazy to care for one, we don't need one and because I feel a little cheap as well. I'm not really sure we deserve these points, but I've decided to defer to Zlyssa's judgement. After all, she legitimately deserves her hard earned points since she drives a hybrid, eats organic foods and composts and we could definitely use some of those "hippie points" to combat our yuppie tendencies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the only way to void the no-air-conditioner hippie points would be if you left your fridge door open to cool down.

and, just in case anyone wants to be picky and point out the obvious, that hybrids still use gas, i'd like to state up front that i agree. no one's perfect. you do what you can. so yay for the zakun's doing what they can!

also, i must say that i feel so flattered to join the ranks of thinly disguised z-ified characters on your blog! perhaps you were trying to doubly disguise my identity by changing the i to a y?

Ann said...

That was exactly what I was trying to do, a double disguise, but now that you've revealed yourself, I'll will from now on refer to you as zlissa.