Monday, September 03, 2007

The End

My nonstop fun during work hours has come to an end. I start my new job tomorrow. I did go to the North End on Friday, shop like crazy for work clothes on Saturday, check out the new Whole Foods at Alewife and play a super long game of Catan on Sunday and enjoyed a lovely day downtown today on Labor Day. As for what I'll wear on my first day, a rather boring, but appropriate combination of a black v-neck cashmere sweater, black pinstripe suit pants and some black flats. I've acquired many fun outfits that I'm excited about, but I've decided to dress with my badge photo in mind on my first day. Why do I think I photograph well in that black sweater, it's the sweater I'm wearing in all my IDs: Student and Driver's.

1 comment:

Wayne Wei-siang Hsieh said...

Good luck with the first day at the new job!

For my original CAC card (i.e. our DOD ID card), I did wear coat and tie, but when I had to get a new one (long story), for a variety of reasons, I ended up looking rather scruffy, and I'm also scowling in the photo. In contrast, my MD Driver License has a picture of me where I could quite literally pass as being 20 (not sure how that happened), and where I also look strangely giddy. I think only my passport photo has me looking "normal."

WH