Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Fireplace - Brunch

As much as Wheezy and I love Cambridge, sometimes we just need to cross the river and get out so we recently took the Green Line C down to Washington Square for brunch at The Fireplace in Brookline. We were just there for brunch, but it also happened to be the "Super Hunger Brunch" benefiting the Greater Boston Food Bank. If you ordered off the special Super Hunger Brunch menu, 100% of proceeds went to the Food Bank. In the end, we ordered off the "0% proceeds to hunger" regular menu. I got the duck hash [YUM!] and Wheezy ordered the omelet [DELISH!].

Server: So are you here for the "Super Hunger Brunch?"
plasticann: Uhhh...not exactly!
Server: Oh!!!

Because really, I was at The Fireplace mostly for my own selfish personal hunger for tasty brunch and awkwardly, not really there for the food bank. It felt disingenuous to politely pretend that I was really there for the food bank. Wheezy pointed out that maybe we were being a bunch of jerks not pretending to care about hunger just to be polite. Maybe I should think about sending them a check to make amends.

No comments: