Friday, February 11, 2011

Ribbon Hoarders

Someone was telling me about this show called "Animal Hoarders." I initially thought it sounded kinda cute since I thought it was a nature show about animals who hoard nuts and twigs in their animal shelters. In reality, it's really not cute at all, it's about people who hoard animals.

I admit, there's a little hoarder inside of me that I fight everyday to repress. Sometimes I err on the side of ruthlessly ditching stuff kinda like these moms who throw out their kid's "art." I was organizing my stuff last week with these new boxes I got on OneKingsLane and I rediscovered all this ribbon I bought last year that I forgot all about. I lined up all my spools of grosgrain, satin, etc. I rolled up all my loose ribbon and put them in little snack sized ziplocs. Rediscovered ribbon treasures include wide yellow rick rack and embroidered Danish style ribbon I bought in Solvang.

No comments: