Monday, October 13, 2003

Baseball Cupcakes

My coworker Kate raves about Strawberry Cake Mix, the standby birthday cake flava for her household. I was skeptical of how good strawberry cake would be since the last time I remember loving strawberry cake was in third grade and the last time I purchased something strawberry flavored from the baking aisle was when MGDub insisted I buy this strawberry frosting because, "everyone loves strawberry frosting." She then proceeded to declare, "Yuck...this stuff is gross, who bought this?" upon tasting the frosting to which I had to remind her she was to blame. I digress! I decided to give strawberry cake mix another chance pairing it with some vanilla frosting baking the cupcakes in some sports themed cupcake liner. Taking a page from Martha Stewart, I decorated the cupcakes with two red Twizzler Cherry Pull and Peel arcs to look like baseballs. Unlike Martha who's insane, I declined to simulate the baseball stitching with teeny tiny bits of red candy. Here's the cupcake consumption count as of last night:

Zrad: 4
Adam: 3
Ann: 3
MGDub: 1
Zeith: 1

No comments: