Friday, October 24, 2003

Crust Ease

According to Adam, Zeith made some Krusteaz Key Lime Bars from a box the other night and they were very tasty. I'm a big fan of the Sunkist Lemon Bar Mix, but it's no longer available. However, the Krusteaz Lemon Bar Mix is just as good. I've pondered buying their Key Lime Bar Mix myself, but I've been a bit put off by its unnaturally green color. I wonder if Krusteaz used to license the Sunkist name for their lemon bars just like how Ben Myerson Candy holds the license for the Sunkist Fruit Gems. By the way, Ben Myerson makes their own fruit gem candies under their Christopher's Candy Line, available at Trader Joes, that aren't Sunkist branded, but Adam insists the Sunkist branded fruit gems are better. Here's some nifty trivia, Krusteaz stands for "Crust" with "Ease." Some progressive ladies from Seattle created a piecrust mix because "making a pie took too darn long."

No comments: