Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Playin' for the NFL

Ever since I was delegated the task of purchasing the office birthday gift (a helmet chip bowl) for my boss, Greg, I've been inundated (I've received 2) with nflshop.com catalogs. Especially hilarious is their clever marketing ploy aimed at inspiring customers to realize their NFL aspirations or at the very least, purchase their own personalized jersey. By printing my last name on a jersey, I'll think, "Wow, my name looks really cool on a jersey, maybe I should buy one." The first time I saw my name on the jersey, I was genuinely confused. I thought, "Gosh, I don't know any Taiwanese American football players and I've never heard of an NFL player with my name...maybe I too could play football if I worked really hard." Upon closer inspection, I realized my name was printed on the photo of the jersey. Indeed, a sad day for of this Taiwanese American kid...my NFL aspirations were dashed. Wah Wah!

No comments: