Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Quarter Century

This past Sunday marked the quarter century celebration of my birth. Food dominated the agenda with dim sum, delicious brunch buffet, dessert party at Finale complete with my own special b-day menu and a coconut cream filled cake from Party Favors. Notable gifts include a "book" written by plasticmom expressly for this occasion, cool invitation software, laminating machine and my annual birthday check from the parentals, which I've used to purchase a pair of UGGs. The birthday check is an amusing ritual because every year, without fail, the check arrives with the following typed into the memo section, "Birthday Cake." The generous check is always more than one would spend on a "Birthday Cake," so rather than interpreting the instructions literally, I merely take it as a suggestion. Due to a typographical error, an extra zero had been added this year inadvertently inflating the check by a factor of ten. Needless to say, I didn't deposit the check and called home to report the error. All in all a wonderful birthday week indeed.

No comments: