Friday, January 20, 2006

Shoe Ejumacation

The following reconstructed conversation relates to a previous post regarding my new maryjanes.

Wayne: Are thoes your mary janes?
plasticann: Yeah! Were you here last week when I talked about my new shoes?
Wayne: Yes I was, but I didn't get a good look at them. They're very nice.
plasticann: Thank you....um...Wayne...do you know what are mary janes?
Wayne: Yeah, you're wearing them.
plasticann: Yes, but do you know what makes a shoe a mary jane?
Wayne: Um, no!
plasticann: ...because I don't want you to walk away thinking brown leather shoes with flowers are mary janes. It's the strap, it's the cutout in the front, it's a style of shoe, kinda like a little kid's shoe.
Wayne: Hmm, I did not know that.

When I relayed this story to Adam later that night, I discovered that Adam didn't know what a mary jane was either.

No comments: