Friday, January 06, 2006

Style Cues

While I was in San Francisco on Wednesday, I went out to lunch with Zreg for lunch at this tasty Vietnamese restaurant. The menus featured pictures of all the various meats so the menu was very helpful visually, but I'm not sure whether I want to see a photo of the raw beef that's going into my pho. After lunch, I walked around a bit and ended up purchasing a cute pair of brown maryjanes with flowers from Camper. Later that afternoon, I was wearing my new shoes over at Zara and Zryce's house when Zess woke up from her nap. I ran over to her and said, "Do you like my shoes Zess?" Without a word, Zess, unusually sweaty and still groggy from her nap, silently pulled out a basket from under a bench, rummaged through a pile of Stride Rite shoes and fished out a wee little pair of brown maryjanes with flowers. It dawned on me that I was taking style cues from a two year old. A very fashionable and cute two year old, but a two year old nonetheless. I guess the situation could be worse. I'll take dressing like Zess anyday over dressing like Paris Hilton or Britney.

No comments: