Saturday, April 01, 2006

Nocturnal Sandwiches

Adam and I were running a bit late last night as we headed to the movies so we split up, Adam went in to save us some good seats and I went to Chinatown to procure some Vietnamese sandwiches for dinner. Little did I know, Vietnamese sandwiches are hard to come by on a Friday evening. I checked out three different places hoping to grab some portable food. I considered buying a rice/meat dish, but I wisely rejected that idea...eating rice in a dark theater just seems like a messy proposition. We ended up with random hot dog buns and sticky rice rolls from the only bakery I could find. Needless to say, I was starving and cranky by the time the movie let out. Fortunately, Anna's is open until 11:30pm so I had my three tacos and a lovely pineapple soda. Lesson learned, Vietnamese sandwiches have an early bedtime.

No comments: