Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Frightful Halloween Visitors

Overheard through my new [pink] razr phone was the following reconstructed scenario involving Steve, one of his roommates and a Halloween visitor:

plasticann: OK, so what should we do about the paper?
Steve: Well, I think...[ding dong doorbell in background]...wait, we have trick or treaters. [yelling to roommates] Do we have candy? [panicked hollering] Where's the candy?
Steve's Roommate: [garble garble garble]
Steve: Oh no, we don't have candy for the trick or treaters! Oh, it's a delivery person. Did you order food?
Steve's Roommate: [garble garble garble, but I assume he answered "yes."]
Steve: I thought the delivery person was a trick or treater.

Let this be a lesson to us all, don't be stranded without candy on Halloween. Secondly, unless little kids have taken to dressing up as delivery people for Halloween, look twice through the peephole before freaking out. Steve will probably disagree with my interpretation of the scenario since I wasn't there, but it's my interpretation of what went down as I heard it over my phone...my new pink phone.

3 comments:

alissa said...

i'm jealous. i have a razr but it's not actually pink. i really wanted the pink one. as a compromise, andrew bought us clear plastic protectors for our razr phones and mine is tinted pink. but i know the truth and it's just not the same.

Anonymous said...

MGDub reports that she too has switched to a razr, her's is silver.

Anonymous said...

I decided not to buy candy this year because only 3 kids came last year (and I had bought 3 bags of chocolate.) I decided for any kids who did come, they would get whatever candy I had lying around in my apt. I was totally prepared for 4 trick-or-treaters. We got one crowd of 6, and they wiped us out - chocolate and the last of our mints!