Sunday, October 15, 2006

Giant Calves

I've always aspired to own a pair of tall leather boots, but I've never been able to find a pair that would zip over my calves...apparently, I have giant calves. Every few years, I got back to a store thinking that maybe I'll find a pair only to leave discouraged. Today, after church, I decided to stop by Patagonia and pick up some fall outerwear when I passed by Camper. Filled with hope since it'd been a few years since I last tried to buy boots, I checked out their tall boot selection. Surprise surprise, they didn't fit. I think my smallish feet with largish calves make for an unsuccessful combination. I think even the salesperson was astonished as she watched me struggle to zip them up. On another more positive note, I purchased a black down sweater jacket from Patagonia. It weighs a mere 9 ounces, quite warm and very shiny due to the space age ultra light fabric so I'm a happy "camper," no pun intended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i think that jcrew has leather boots in two calf sizes - "freakishly little sticks" and "normal" - ha ha, i think it's "regular" and "athletic".

Anonymous said...

i think i may have given misleading info...i'm not sure that jcrew offers two calf sizes, at least not anymore...but i thought someone did...sorry!

Anonymous said...

I think they have "extended calf" sizes. I'll have to check them out, but I fear even the "extended" versions may not be "extended enough.