Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kitchen Sink Pesto


Top Row: Grape Tomatoes, Avocados, Oranges
Bottom Row: Kitchen Sink Pesto, Black Olives, Homemade Wheat Bread, Eggplant Parmesan

For Sunday dinner, I cobbled together a smorgasbord of deliciousness around a spinach pesto I made and a rustic wheat bread I baked using a no knead recipe. This was my first time making pesto because I never have large quantities of basil, but I often have lots of spinach so I decided to make Kitchen Sink Pesto with whatever I had in the house. Doesn't taste like basil pesto, but it is delicious.

Kitchen Sink Pesto:

3 giant handfuls of spinach
1 cup of toasted nuts (I used an assortment from Adam's "Bag O' Nuts" which included hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, etc)
6 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2-4 Tablespoon olive oil
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Food process all of it together until it's a fine green paste. Taste and adjust ingredients until it's delicious. Enjoy on bread, pasta, etc.

No comments: