Monday, September 15, 2003

Chick-fil-A

A few years ago, I drove up to Boston with a friend who happened to be a die-hard Chick-fil-A and Krispy Kreme fan. I was taking a Contemporary Architecture class at the time and Frank Gehry, basking in the glow and critical adoration of Bilbao, was lecturing at the Harvard Design School. We were grabbing a bite to eat before the lecture at the food court in Harvard's Science center when we discovered a Chick-fil-A stand...chicken sandwiches and delicious waffle cut fries all around. Now that I live in the area, I've unsuccessfully tried on several occasions to score some waffle cut fries (more surface area=more crispy fried goodness) from Chick-fil-A, but unfortunately the food court keeps odd hours. However, Jessica and I are heading over the our respective extension school classes this Wednesday and her class is actually in the science center...perfect...maybe I'll call ahead for their hours just to be sure.

Note: For all those who attend a local school that rhymes with BIT, Gehry designed that crazy looking new computer science building with the windows that looked punched out and various other strange building materials.

No comments: