Friday, September 26, 2003

Yet another post about food...please ignore if you are one of the "Dubs"

Last night was the "Taste of Cambridge" over at Technology Square by MIT. Adam and I gorged ourselves on food samples from all these great restaurants. The event ran from 5-8pm and we got there a little after 6pm, but some of the most popular stalls were packed up and gone by 7:15pm so I didn't get to try the desserts from Finale, ice cream from Tosconini's and the creme brulee from Sandrine's which was a bit upsetting. The food was awesome and the $25 pre-sale entrance fee included all the samples you could eat and four drinks from a slew of beer breweries and wineries. While I'm not promoting drunkeness, the alcohol was not being rationed so one imbibing more than the four allocated drinks was definately possible. Here are some comprehensive highlights: warm duck salad, scallops and salad, cubano pork and plaintains, salmon and seaweed salad, seared tuna, popcorn with truffle butter and a mini cheese plate. Apparently, there were 2000 tickets sold and each of the forty vendors were required to provide 500 sample servings which works out to be around 10 samples per person. I definately ate more than my fair share and intend to do the same next year. I met up with some friends there and they asked whether I was cold because I was hopping from one foot to the other while I ate my samples to which I responded "No...I'm just really excited."

No comments: