Monday, January 15, 2007

Day at the Zakins

We went over to hang out with Zess and her lil' bro Zames yesterday. Zames is into saying "uh oh" a lot, hard to tell if he's expressing concern for everything around him or if he just really likes saying "uh oh." He's also into saying "ball" and lobbing random objects at people. Zess is as precocious as ever. She called me up with the help of her mom Zara to ask me if we could bake. The answer was, "of course, I'd love to bake with you Zess." Unfortunately, she wanted to bake "orange cookies" which I didn't know much about, but I made an executive decision to make whoopie pies instead. In hindsight, whoopie pies are fun in theory, but require way too much of an attention span for a three year old. The four step process of baking cakes, cooking flour/milk, whipping frosting and frosting cakes was a little too involved even for me. The results were delicious and Zess had the brilliant idea of making a giant whoopie pie so we baked up big whoopie and medium whoopie, 8 inches and 6 inches in diameter respectively. I guess whoopie pies are a east coast phenomenon since none of the west coasters had even heard of them. Zess also asked me six times, "What does whoopie mean?" Not knowing what to say, I gave her the rather unsatisfactory answer, "whoopie is the name of the pie." On another note, Adam was quite excited about the Patriots game yesterday. Since the Patriots were behind for most of the game, Adam's dad and Zryce were egging him on throughout. Zryce even recruited Zess to call the Patriots "the Patsies." I'm guessing Zryce didn't explain just what "patsy" was, but in the end the "Patsies" prevailed so take that "Chargies."

No comments: