Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Need More Bread

I can't believe it, but we're almost out of bread. I wonder if Adam and I are eating more than our fair share of carbs and if our behinds are growing at an exponential rate as a result. I am flattered that Wheezymom compared the bread to Iggy's...now that's the ultimate compliment since Iggy's makes amazing bread and my all time favorite bagel, the chewy delicious everything bagel. Given Wheezydad's propensity to glean random leftovers to take for lunch, [I hear he likes to pack a pickle, handful of cereal and anything random that needs "finishing up.] it's unlikely that there will be any bread left for Wheezy tonight. Fortunately, I'm jonesing to make more tomorrow. I'm envisioning cheese, but not Stilton.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you obviously need a quardruple batch...though i'm envisioning the bread rising out of your oven and taking over your apartment...you'll have to eat your way out! chomp chomp.

Ann said...

I had this book growing up by Richard Scarry where the baker's put too much yeast in the bread and the bread blew out of the oven encasing everyone in bread so they had to eat their way out of the bread...should have been a childhood nightmare to be trapped in bread, but it's kind of a fantasy for me to have giant bread overtaking my kitchen that we have to eat our way out of.