Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Blue Ribbon BBQ

Thanks to my newfound fascination with the bus that stops right in front of our apartment, Adam and I finally made it to Blue Ribbon BBQ after years of hearing only rave reviews. We shared the half slab rib platter with cheezy potatoes and cole slaw. Adam was excited about the various sauces available at the self serve condiment bar, but was decidedly less excited when he, full of bravado, dipped his cornbread in one of the hottest sauces. Unfortunately, I was not able to buy Adam a glass of milk cool his palate. I patiently stood in line while I watched Adam hacking across the restaurant. As for the food, fantabulous. Succulent ribs fell off the bone and the price was very nice. Multiple friends have claimed, "you'll never go back to Redbones." We concur, especially now that we've figured out how to get to Blue Ribbon BBQ by way of public transit. On a related note, I ran into a friend from high school at Blue Ribbon BBQ. Let's call him, "Zuge." A enthusiastic and extroverted fellow blessed with a high metabolism, Zuge raved vociferously about the ribs and the beef brisket. Next time, I'm hoping to try the key lime pie.

No comments: