Saturday, August 20, 2005

I could eat it everyday...

Adam and I took Laurel out to dinner at Radius [not Diameter] to celebrate her ascendancy to Dr. Laurel-dom. The food was delicious, but some dishes were more tastier than others. The way I gauge a dish's popularity is what I like to call the "sling-o-meter," or the number of times a dish is passed around a table, especially at a high end place where slinging of plates across the table is most likely frowned upon. We were enjoying the potato gnocchi appetizer that had been slung around at least 5 times, when Adam started in on one of his all time favorite pasta dishes, the Beef Short Rib Agnolotti at Upstairs on the Square. The following reconstructed conversation does not do the situation justice, but I will try my very best. It's really my fault, I was the one who brought it up.

plasticann: Adam really likes this pasta at Upstairs on the Square.
Laurel: Really, what is it?
Adam: It's pasta with beef short ribs in a broth and it's just so delicious. We would have had it at our wedding, but they couldn't make it in large quantities.
Laurel: That sounds good.
Adam: [wistfully] I hope they'll have it again this winter.
plasticann: Would you like to take a moment to reminisce?
Adam: [not missing a beat, waxing poetically while plasticann and Laurel laught it up] It's this Agnolotti pasta that's pillowy and soft and the ribs are so tender and they're wrapped in the pasta and it's all in this delicious broth. It's so good. They also have this Pistachio Pound Cake and Olive Oil Gelato.
Laurel: You can get Olive Oil ice cream at Christina's
Adam: It's not the same with out the pound cake, the combination is just so good. I could eat the pasta and the pound cake everyday.
plasticann: We could go to Upstairs every week just to eat dessert and pasta.
Adam: Why don't we?
plasticann: We could make it a weekly priority. We'll eat pizza at Crazy Dough's and splurge on dessert at Upstairs.
Adam: We should do it.

Note: Adam would like to point out [and I concur] that the preceding reconstructed conversation is possibly riddled with inaccuracies, but I believe the spirit of the conversation has been faithfully conveyed. Adam enjoys beef rib pasta and pound cake and he could eat it everyday.

No comments: