Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Orange Flesh Honeydew Granita



There's a first time for everything and now that we have newfangled gadgets like a "blender," I was inspired to make Cantaloupe Granita from the latest issue of Gourmet. We didn't have Cantaloupe, but we did have Orange Flesh Honeydew so I figured it was close enough. I diced up the fruit, added some lemon juice, sugar and ice cubes and pulverized the mix in the blender MGDub gave us. Then I stuck it in the freezer and watched an hour Rachel Ray before coming back to scrape the slush up with a fork. I was so excited about my granita, I wanted to pulverize everything in our fridge and make more. Judging from the contents of our fridge, I could have easily made "grape/cucumber/coke/peach granita", but I decided to show restraint and look for actual recipes before I created an unusual combination in my overly enthusiastic state. I did some research on granita recipes and I'm excited to try the root beer float granita on epicurious. Looks wicked easy, but I need to find an occasion.

No comments: