Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Elusive Sheets

Well folks, we finally got our bed [a fabulous sleep number bed] thanks to the mama and the papa. I can mix things up with the softest setting one night and the firmest the next. The options are endless...almost. On to the next tricky issue...sheets. We got a "California King" which is slightly longer and slightly narrower than a regular king also known as the "Eastern King." Being from La La Land, I was unaware that the "California" in "California King" was an actual geographic designation, not just another standard size. We called up a bunch of area stores looking for sheets and we were told that we wouldn't be able to find "California King" sheets anywhere in the Northeast and we would have to order them on the web. Heck, I know lots of people with California King bed. Unfortunately, they're all in California. I was lamenting about my sheet issue with Wheezy over the phone this afternoon. Ever confident in my abilities to cope, Wheezy assured me that I'd be able to find a solution. Well sports fans...I did. I simply took two twin sheets and clothespined them to our freakishly sized bed. We've got vintage Raggedy Ann & Andy on [of course] my side and Laura Ashley on Adam's side. That should tide us over for a while...if not weeks. Problem...SOLVED!

No comments: