Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And the Fun Continues

I'm heading back to work next week so I'm determined to have lots of nonstop fun this week. I kicked off my week of fun yesterday with lunch in the South End with a friend from school We went to Gaslight and enjoyed some very yummy sandwiches with frites. To top it off, I got a carrot cake cupcake from the South End Buttery. The cupcake was pretty good, but not my favorite cupcake. I did promise to bring Adam one so I got him a vanilla with vanilla buttercream. Unfortunately, I had to ditch it at Park Street since it was melting and it wasn't going to make it back to Cambridge. After dinner, we went and saw Nanny Diaries at the Somerville Theatre and we even got some ice cream to boot. Today, I rode my bike on the Minuteman bike path all the way to Lexington. I walked around, checked out the little shops, ate lunch, read magazines at the Border's and had a delicious cherry vanilla ice cream cone at Rancatore's. It was quite the adventure and I felt very brave and proud of myself for venturing so far on my own and making it back home intact. For my third day of fun, I'm thinking maybe Providence, but I haven't decided.

No comments: