Thursday, August 02, 2007

Giant Ice Cream Cones

So the other day, we were walking by the Somerville Theatre when I saw a guy with the biggest cup of ice cream I've ever seen. Well, it was the impressively big not out to break any records big, but it literally took my breath away. I swear, the ice cream towered six inches above the rim of the paper cup. Indeed, this was the very generous serving of a Richardson's large ice cream. Makes sense, Adam and I shared a "Kiddie" the other night which was plenty and there's a "Small" between "Kiddie" and "Large." Needless to say, I've been a little obsessed about the prospect of buying a large ice cream to experience the grandness in person. Unfortunately, I shouldn't eat a pint of ice cream in one sitting so I have no opportunity to buy this cone which retails for merely $3.75. I even desperately suggested that we give the cashier 4 bucks, ask her to supersize the next ice cream cone on us while we observed from behind some bushes. The idea was vetoed as was my other idea which was to buy it, eat some and throw the rest away. Saner and less gluttonous minds prevailed in the end. (Yes, that would Adam.) Oh, but one day...I will have my large ice cream.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I thought you wanted to approach someone and ask them if we could buy them the ice cream. That just seemed weird. I am more game for giving the money directly to the cashier and watching. Operative word being "more game" not necessarily "all game."