Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More Nonstop Fun

Adam got me the High School Musical CD which was fun to listen too..."Bop bop bop bop to the top..." My week of fun continued today with a trip to Providence. I hopped on the bus and got in around 11 this morning. I went to the mall and did some shopping at Nordstroms (only my favorite department store). I had a perfect little snack at Popeye's when I got hungry, one fried chicken leg with one biscuit with some tap water. Total: $1.65. Sure hit the spot. I continued my fun Wednesday with a tour of Thayer Street and Brown's campus. I even stopped by my old fraternity and said hi, how very un-plasticann of me and I felt kinda old realizing that I was probably 8-10 years older than the kids there. I enjoyed a chicken pocket at East Side Pockets, shopped at Brown Bookstore where I bought a diploma frame for my seven year old diploma. I capped off my tour of Thayer Street with an awesome chocolate chunk cookie with some milk at Meeting Street Cafe. I was intending to catch the 4:15pm bus back, but realized that it didn't exist so I had an extra hour to kill before the 5:15pm. I walked down Waterman, turned right on Hope, admired all the gracious old houses, walked by my dorm senior year (Young O) and turned right on Wickendon Street where I found this really cool store called Curatorium. They had a ton of neat stuff, some of which might fall into the category of useless crap. Finally, I walked over to Benefit Street and South Main Street back downtown stopping by the RISD gift shop where I impulsively purchased a pin made of shellaced citris fruit. All in all, a pretty darned awesome day and I still have plenty of leftover cookie to enjoy tonight.

NOTE: I should mention that MGDub coined the phase and idea of nonstop fun her senior year at Brown coincidentally. She'd just handed in her thesis and had about a month until graduation. She often wore a cool Hawaian shirt and was determined to have nonstop fun until graduation.

No comments: