Saturday, August 18, 2007

Locked Out

We were showing our place to our friends Zeff and Zara (not my sis-in-law) when a big gust of wind shut and locked the 2nd floor balcony door while we were all outside.

Adam: The door closed, I'll just use my key.
plasticann: We don't have a key, we're locked out.
Adam: I thought it was the same as the front door.
plasticann: No, we never got a key for this door, we're locked out.
Adam: I thought there was a spare key out here for emergencies.
plasticann: That's what they said, but I never found it.
Adam: Why don't we have a key?
plasticann: We never got one, there's no key...we're locked out.
Adam: We're locked out! We need to get this fixed.

Meanwhile Zeff and Zara are laughing hysterically at the absurdity of the situation. I started to call our friend who has a set of our keys when we noticed some neighbors moving out across the street. We started hollering and waving to get her attention. We explained that the "wind" had locked us out accidentally by blowing the door closed so we dropped down a set of keys for her to come in and get us. Fortunately, she was honest enough to not rob us while we were locked outside and helpless.

No comments: