Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Restaurant Week: Icarus

It's Restaurant [Two] Weeks, so we checked out Icarus in the South End last night for dinner. The dining room was really crowded and Adam seemed to be too tall for his chair or maybe it was the table, but the food was pretty good. For appetizers, Adam got the grilled steak salad and I had the crisp polenta with veal. We both enjoyed the pork loin with corn pudding and watermelon salad for dinner. I got the chocolate cake for dessert and Adam had the toasted pound cake with vanilla ice cream and peach compote. I liked the appetizers the best. Our pork loin was tasty, but there were these whole peanuts in the watermelon salad which seemed odd to me. My chocolate cake was rich and decadent, but not super exciting. Adam's pound cake was the real winner. The sangria was delicious and all the wine pairings for Adam's meal were awesome. My verdict, it's a very nice place, but there are other restaurants I would rather go to for a full priced meal.

No comments: