Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Chocolate Bar Buffet
Last Saturday, I went to the Le Meridian Chocolate Bar Buffet with my good friend from home Laurel and two women from the lab she works in. I've always been morbidly facinated by the prospect of a chocolate dessert buffet. I was on one hand excited about the prospect of eating chocolate for lunch, but on the other hand thought I was physically going to be ill from consuming all those chocolate desserts. I started my morning with some protein for breakfast anticipating a super sugary lunch...I had some leftover pork chops that nicely lined my stomach. The buffet was really fun and not too overwhelming. Lots of chocolate, but the level of chocolatisity ranged from not chocolaty at all to all chocolate. I survived the chocolate buffet and really did enjoy it. We were anticipating not wanting to eat chocolate for a while after making a meal out of it. The funny thing is that very night I proceeded to make a flourless chocolate cake and the next day I stopped by Laurel's with some dessert leftovers from the party I'd been to. I had some Dr. Pepper cake and some of the flourless chocolate cake as well. Thinking that Laurel would be sick of chocolate by now, I asked her if she wanted some more of the flourless chocolate cake and she responded with an enthusiastic "yes." I asked her what she'd been up to that weekend and she said, "I made this chocolate cake with a chocolate cinnamon filling and a chocolate ganache topping." We've both concluded our foray to the Chocolate Bar has not diminished our cravings for chocolate, but have increased our tolerance. Good news...we can eat more chocolate now than ever before.

No comments: