Thursday, April 17, 2003

Copper Gift Tags

Another thing I'm into is gifts and also wrapping gifts. I have to admit I'm a bit of a Martha Stewart elitist when it comes to gift tags, but I'm working my issues. Sticker tags with Santas printed on that say "To: From: " are not my favorite. They have their own charm and I do appreciate them when I receive gifts with sticker tags, but I prefer to use other mediums for expressing my "To: From: " sentiments. A few months ago, my friend Jess and I split a box of copper plant tags from Lee Valley Hardware. The tags come with copper wires you tie to your plants identifying what type of plant it is and when it was planted. However we've used them not for plants, but for our gifts and we've both received nice compliments from our gift recipients. I've even been asked if I hammered in the greeting onto the tag. Nope, simply engrave the tag by writing firmly on soft malleable tag with a ballpoint pen. Rub off any residue ink and you're ready to go. Skip the card and just go with these very "shabby chic" tags.

Another fun gardening item appropriated for other uses is Velcro Plant Tie also from Lee Valley. I've used it to bundle up my ribbon, to keep my wrapping paper rolled and keep cords and other wires bundled together. It's inexpensive, it's a lovely celery color and you can also use it to keep your dying daffodil plant standing up.

No comments: