Thursday, June 05, 2003

The Flip-Flop Jungle--an update to Havaianas

A few months ago, I happened upon a huge display of cheap Havaiana flip-flops because Adam wanted to check out this Brazilian supermarket. Last night I went back hoping to find a pair of Havaianas for Adam. I knew I was being optimistic hoping to find a pair in Adam's size, but I was dismayed to find the selection and display in such disarray. It was as if a plague of locusts had descended on the flip-flop display scattering dirt and decimating the Havaiana selection. I methodically checked all the flip flops for any sign of a pair in his size and finally settled on buying him some Guava & Cheese wafer cookies as a consolation. I bought another pair for myself (Royal Blue) and bought Michelle a pair of black ones, if only to rescue them from an under appreciated existence of grime and chaos. I washed the dirt off my Havaianas and they're looking much better. Michelle joyfully declared her Havaianas as "squishy."

No comments: