Monday, June 16, 2003

Liquified and Reconstituted Graphite: the particleboard of pencils

Keith (real name), Zrad's housemate, was nice enough to let me try out his cool new liquid graphite pen-cil...it's a pen-like pencil...perhaps just as "bizarre" as those new McGriddle sandwiches, which are really not as bizarre as the hyperbolic ads portray them to be. They're definitely a cool idea, but I'm not sure how I feel about them...I think I'll have to try these pen-cils out again under an environment more conducive to writing, a smooth writing surface. Now the space pen, often a subject of geriatric ire on Seinfeld, is neat. They write over grease, upside down, underwater, and just about anything. I don't actually own one since my sedentary lifestyle does not require such innovative and Xtreme writing implements, but I think they're especially cool when paired with a Rite in the Rain waterproof notebook, yet another item my lifestyle does not require. I had one when I was a kid and the paper's been coated with a "special sauce" so it's really waterproof. Now if only it were "coffeeproof," I'd be using it at work.

No comments: