Friday, June 06, 2003

This Just In: Nalgene just introduced three new colors for its water bottles

Nina just discovered three new water bottle colors offered by Nalgene: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red and Sage Green. The new colors are available for the wide & narrow mouth 32oz models. Nalgene started offering their lexan bottles in Technicolor a few years ago and here's the color chronology according to me:

1. Meadow Green, Raspberry Red, Honey Yellow, and Glacier Blue offered in wide mouth 32oz model.
2. Firefly Yellow, Meadow Green and Violet offered in the narrow mouth 16oz model.
3. Violet and Firefly Yellow then available in wide mouth 32oz.
4. Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red and Sage Green available in wide & narrow mouth 32oz models.

The problem is these water bottles are nearly indestructible which is great for functionality, but annoying if you want new fashionable colors. I got a violet bottle with a white cap last year and now I want all the cool new colors, but I can't quite justify buying more water bottles when I already own two. My mom's a fan as well clocking in with three Nalgenes. Since they're essentially made with laboratory quality plastic and functional under extreme heat and cold, she pours boiling water into her bottles to make her ice tea. Nearly everyone I know owns one, a good portion of whom I purchased a bottle for and are now fans themselves, I’ll have to think hard to find new friends to convert.

Note: If you buy from the Nalgene website, they offer free shipping, it's usually cheaper and you get to chose your own cap/bottle color combinations.

No comments: