Friday, July 18, 2003

Beepy Key Cards

My new office now has those beepy key cards...how cool! For years we had swipe our cards at the building entrance and use regular keys for our office doors while nearly everyone else in our building (Biogen) had those beepy key cards attached to nifty retractable key chains. Corinna had one of those retractable key chains for her old job emblazoned with their corporate logo and I was so excited when I spotted it in her apartment, but then again sometimes I can be such a "square." I also had a swipe card in college and I was always envious of the tales Adam would tell of the newfangled beepy key cards at his college and how they could hold their wallets (sometimes while still in their back pockets) in front of the sensors to open their dorm doors…good times. Of course, older friends would speak of the ye olde days before swipe cards--- one would use an archaic second key to open the dorm door. Now that I finally have a beepy key card at work, maybe I should invest in one of those retractable key chains…I do love accessories.

No comments: