Tuesday, July 29, 2003

"Where are the cookies?"

This afternoon, I heard someone, who was trying hard not to sound alarmed, asking "Where are the cookies?" I looked out into the hallway to find Nina holding a cup of coffee in the vicinity of my office looking rather distressed. She calmed down after I informed her the cookie jar had been left in the lunchroom and there were still cookies left. She explained, "I've been looking forward to a cookie all day and they were no longer in your office and I thought maybe people ate them all before I got one." Poor Nina, she's having a stressful and hectic day (darn those freakin huge datasets)...glad to feed her cookies anytime.

Note: I've been keeping a cookie jar filled with homemade cookie in my office at work....this week it's oatmeal cranberry. One of these days, I'm going to find some time to make rolled sugar cookies.

No comments: