Monday, July 28, 2003

Onion Rings

I spent last Saturday at the Nauset Beach with my housemates. I'm happy to report that the Nauset Beach restrooms are fairly clean and stocked with both toilet paper and with what smelled like Dial antibacterial hand soap. It was a fun day, but we were roasting because the sun was a bit too hot and the water was way too frigid causing my toes to hurt...ouch. We brought a cooler full of tasty lunch foods and snacks, but I spent much of the day coveting the onion rings other people were enjoying from the beach's snack bar, Liam’s. I kept salivating whenever I walked by a nearby towel where a box of half eaten cheese fries and onion rings had been abandoned. Finally, after smelling the intoxicating aroma of fried onion rings wafting from some wee toddler waddling on the beach with a box of snacks, I broke down and purchased the onion rings for myself along with a raspberry lemonade. Delicious Fried Goodness...I'm such a sucker for fried foods. After an ice cream cone, we hit the Lobster Hut for dinner, but having already eaten my onion rings, I passed on the fried seafood and got the broiled salmon instead. However, after visually examining and sampling some of my housemates' fried seafood...I'm happy to stamp the Lobster Hut's frying technique with a PSA, "Plasticann Seal of Approval": golden brown and crispy, but not greasy and lightly battered. While I did not sample the fried fish, my visual examination leads me to conclude that their fish and chips may be on par with my most favorite fish and chip place located just outside of "la la land."

No comments: