Monday, July 07, 2003

J.P. Licks bought out my dearest Denise's in Davis Square

A sad day indeed, the future of my local homemade ice cream store is uncertain. Denise's has been purchased by J.P. Licks. I noticed the store hours and ice cream cake price list signage now read J.P. Licks. Will J.P. Licks keep my favorite Denise's flavors such as, "sex on the beach" sorbet (sounds racy, but it's delicious), peanut butter chip and others? Or will they supplant my favorite flavors with the uninventive, but premium and delicious, ice creams they sell at all their other locations? Whatever shall I do? Will Amanda still work there? I'm not even sure who she is or if that's her name, but Nina is convinced they went to high school together. Will they have to wear uniforms at Denise's, like those polo shirts at Kinko's...it's actually not a bad idea now that I think about it. I can do without the piercings, but that's just my li'l old unhip fuddy duddy conservative registered GOP opinion. Alas, I digress with the piercings and politics. I'm pleading, please don't take away my ice cream...I don't want to have to stockpile my favorite flavors...I simply don't have the freezer space and my roommates will be oh so upset.

No comments: