Wednesday, July 30, 2003

My Sentiments Exactly

Onion article titled, "Area Man Knows All The Shortcut Keys." I hear ya Roger, it's a lot faster to use the shortcut keys and I use many of the Microsoft based ones daily. We also use a notepad type text program called V-Slick a lot at work and there's no shortcut key for print and it is very aggravating to have to go to the menu bar. However, my recent biggies for V-Slick are the Alt-T for find and replace and I also like the Alt-B to switch between various windows. Then there's the Alt-C for highlighting specific portions of text, Alt-L for highlighting entire lines, Pad-Plus for copy, Pad-Minus for cut and finally Insert for pasting. (While I realize only my co-workers will remotely enjoy this bit about V-Slick, like Roger my intention is to educate, not alienate...does that rhyme?)

Relevant Magazine article on "The Art of Making Care Packages." Very inspiring...If I wasn't at work, I'd be out shopping and packing and utilizing our postal system and supporting the USPS's overpriced sponsorship of a certain L. Armstrong. Like I've been saying, "my sentiments exactly."

Lastly, Jessica made these marvelous "Oatmeal Scotchies," oatmeal cookies with butterscotch morsels. They're sitting in my office because, undeservedly, I've apparently become the keeper of the cookie supply at work. I don't usually compulsively eat cookies because they're sitting on my desk, but these oatmeal scotchies may be my caloric downfall...how low can I fall? They're staring at me saying, "eat me, I'm so yummy."

No comments: